What I’m not reading now
November 20, 2010 § Leave a comment
Listed below are the books I have picked up and put back down in the last four months. Forgive me, I’m afraid my attention has been hard to catch.
1. William Faulkner’s “The Sound and the Fury”
2. T.S. White’s “The Once and Future King”
3. Madeline L’Engle’s “The Severed Wasp”
4. Rodney Stark’s “The Victory of Reason”
However, the following literature has caught my attention. Perhaps this is a “non-fiction only” time of year. Or a “spend most of your free time cooking, cleaning or sleeping” time of year.
1. Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin’s “Three Cups of Tea.”
2. Paul Miller’s “The Praying Life.”
3. Real Simple‘s October, November and December Issues.
4. All the emails in my inbox.
5. Multiple cooking blogs and design blogs, a few thought-provoking blogs and the updates from my friends’ blogs. Blog is a weird word.
Books on my “need to read” list?
1. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
2. Mind of the Maker by Dorothy Sayers
3. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer (I actually have this one checked out and sitting on my nightstand. Thanksgiving read?)