Ten things I learned from my grandparents
March 27, 2010 § 1 Comment
1. How to tie my shoelaces using only one bow.
2. Icecream in the freezer is a sign of abundance.
3. You will never regret generosity. You will never regret sending a thank-you note, either.
4. Dance with your spouse in your living room, even when you are 75 years old.
5. When you are purchasing real estate, there are three things to consider – Location, location, location.
6. The city zoo is always worth a visit, especially if there are elephants to be seen.
7. The best way to eat a cheese quesadilla is with one side of salsa and one side of grape jam.
8. It is possible to decorate with leopard print in such a way that it never goes out of style (my mom’s mom has leopard print carpet running up her black and white painted staircase — CLASSY!)
9. The name we call our dog can be as long as we want it to be.
10. A college education is wonderful, but we should continue learning (and reading) throughout our adult lives.